Thursday, December 24, 2009
In the meantime, know that I value all my friendships and followers that I have gathered along this year. I hope and pray that your Christmas with family and friends is truly blessed. And I hope and pray that 2010 is a better year for you and your family!
God Bless you all!
PS Since my blog anniversary is coming at the end of January, I want to offer Candy....so, check back after Jan. 2 for more information!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Howdy Friends! I am no longer MIA.....aren't you happy? I have been so incredibly busy with Son, Clark, in hospital and rehab hospital (he's doing fine), college course (getting an A) and getting ready for Christmas (production in full gear). Just have not had the time to post nor visit blogs.
I colored this image over a month ago when I was in the mood...8 of them to be exact. Just for immediate family and BFF, Beth. Lots of work but, so worth it! I love a good Thanksgiving image with some seriousness. We should be thankful for the abundance in our lives.....this image screams that, IMHO.
Thanks for looking and happy crafting!! Happy Thanksgiving too!!!
- Stamps - Inkadinkadoo, SU Happy Harmony
- Ink - Ranger's Archival Ink
- Paper - SU Very Vanilla, More Mustard and Dusty Durango Cardstock, Throughly Modern DSP
- Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Dimensionals, SU Ribbon (retired)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Good Morning Friends! This is the last of our Christmas cards.....though I still have to finish my sons small stack (14). I love this front door scene and I really wanted to color it all in but, for the sake of mass production, I opted out.
I have been really trying to use up old products, I mean you can only hoard for so long...then it become obsessive!! So, I used the old SU In-Colors Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme. Isn't it interesting how similar in color it is to the new Soft Suede? Well, at least I found it interesting.
In talking to family this year about Christmas...you know deciding who is hosting, etc.....it dawned on me that Dad won't be here this year. While it makes me sad, it also makes me smile remembering him with his Santa hat and red suspenders on for the entire day. What a character he was! We will miss him very much this year!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
- Stamps - Home for Christmas
- Paper -SU Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Cranberry Crisp (retired) and True Thyme (retired)
- Ink - SU Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Cranberry Crisp (retired), True Thyme (retired), Old Olive, Riding Hood Red (retired)
- Accessories - Paper Piercer Pack, SU Mellow Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Blender Pens
Monday, November 9, 2009
Good morning fellow stampers! I believe I have finished up the last of our Christmas cards this weekend. It is a very good feeling to be sure.
My goal this year had been to have the cards finished by Nov. 1. I stared in January and every month I made 5-10 cards. I like a lot of variety to choose from and I have a lot of Christmas stamp sets.
This one attracted my attention in the SU catalog because of the dove and peacefulness of the scene. I knew that I could use it a variety of ways. And I knew that it was as close as I would get to making religious cards.....I just am not a religious person. Hope that does not offend anyone; sorry if it does.
Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day!
- Stamps - SU Home for Christmas and A Wish for Peace
- Paper - SU Old Olive DSP (retired), SU Cocoa Specality DSP, Whisper White, Soft Suede and Real Red CS
- Ink - Old Olive and Chocolate Chip
- Accessories - Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Marker, SU Ribbon Orginals Mistletoe, Stamp-a-majig(the perfectionist in me)
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Good Morning Friends! Bet you thought I had disappered tosomewhere, didn't you. No, like always just busy with life.
I purchased this from the B/S/T board on SCS a week ago because I have always liked it. Just never had enough money to buy it when it was in the catalog. I love winter.....well, not the ice and slush....but the sparkle and crispness of a winter morning just after we have had a snow. And the morning sun just hits the snow just right.....that sparkle is what I was trying to capture here.
Used my classic ink then went over the top with Versamark, sprinkled on some Heat and Stick Powder, used my heat gun a bit, then sprinkled the Irridescent Ice over the top and a bit more heat. That was it....just enough sparkle!
Hope you like it! Thanks for looking and happy crafting!!
- Stamps - Inkadinkadoo (sentiment), SU Riveting, Snowflakes and Holidays and Wishes
- Paper - SU Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red CS, Websters Pages DP
- Ink - SU Riding Hood Red and Versamark
- Accessories - Dimensionals, Heat and Stick Powder, Irridescent Ice Glitter, Stamp-a-majig, SU Round, Wide Oval and Corner Rounder Punches, SU Kiwi Kiss Taffeta Ribbon
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Stamped snowflakes on top note die cut and then sponged Whisper White ink around edges. Make sure you let this ink dry awhile before using or you will get it everywhere!
I applied versamark to the snowflake then Heat and Stick Powder, heat gun to set. Then applied Dazzling Diamonds and lightly used heat gun again to set the glitter. I used a two way glue pen to adhere the letters.
This picture is not the best at showing the shine and sparkle, but if you click on the pic and it will show up better.
Thanks for looking and happy crafting!!
- Stamps -SU Flaky Friends and Savvy Stamps
- Paper - SU Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy and Brocade Blue CS
- Ink - SU Whisper White, Versamark
- Accessories - Big Shot, Top Note, Snowflake and Many Thanks Dies, SU Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponges, SU Two Way Glue Pen, SU Heat and Stick Powder, SU Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Monday, October 26, 2009
Hey, thanks for looking and happy crafting!! Have a safe and happy Halloween too!!
- Paper - Crafty Secrets Postcard Kit, Little Yellow Bicycle DP
- Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink and SU Pumpkin Pie
- Accessories - Glue Stick, Craft Glue, Glitter, Glimmer Mist, Florist Wire and Tape, Assorted Ribbons, Hemp Twine, Sticky Tape
Saturday, October 24, 2009
The Sparkle with love was so much fun coloring....I think I am getting better at it. Using layers and 2 or 3 colors to give depth . This card is for my sister-in-law, Brenda. Her birthday is next month. She is the gal I talked about in a previous post with the AVM.
Well, she had gone to Mayo Clinic the first of the month for a second opinion. She feels better about what she heard. And she has decided to have the surgery to remove the mass that is on her brainstem. She can have complications from the surgery but, not having the surgery could leave her having another bleed...which could lead, possibly, to death. Not a chance she is willing to take given that she has a dear husband and 4 children. Her sugery will be the day after her birthday in November.....1 week before Thanksgiving. She is hoping to be nearly back to functioning right before Christmas.
The cupcake card is for one of our nieces, Jasmine, who had her 12th birthday last week. I applied stickles to the cupcake frosting and glossy accents to the cherries.
The Cheers to You Strawberry Daquiri card was made for Jasmine's Mom, Rene'. Her birthday was the day after Jasmine's. I have no idea if she like this type of drink, I just thought it was festive looking! I put glossy accents on the glass and stickles on the strawberry. I really liked how that one turned out!
Rene' and Jasmine are a part of Wayne's brother's, Steven, family. And they are coming down from Wisconsin Halloween weekend for a visit. The schools up there have that Friday off. It will be so nice to have some alone time with all of them! Seems like we don't get to do much visiting when the entire family gets together.
Other than getting ready for family to come, I have been busy advocating for our son, Clark. And visiting him in the hospital, he had to have another G/J-tube put in. Due to a "comedy of errors" on the part of his home and the hospital, he ended up staying 3 nights in there...and he wasn't even sick! Oh yes, Icomplained to everyone who would listen! Hopefully, I didgood. You guys, I won't bore you with my long stories about who I talked to and what happened. If you are really interested, send me an e-mail and I will.
Of course, my college class is keeping me busy as is our garden and getting it ready for winter. But, I do not know what I would do without all of that to do.....oh....wait.....maybe make more cards or something crafty! LOL!
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!!
Sparkle with Love
- Stamps - Unknown sentiment, Magnolia (stamped by Linda from Linda's Crafty Creations)
- Paper - SU Real Red Patterns Pack DSP, SU Whisper White and Old Olive CS, SU Urban Oasis DSP (retired)
- Ink - SU Basic Gray
- Accessories - Unknown Chipboard, SU Large Oval Punch, Fire Rhinestone Brads, SU Red Riding Hood Taffeta Ribbon, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, White Gel Pen
- Stamps - SU Heard From The Heart and Darling Dots
- Paper - SU Whisper White and Pink Passion CS
- Ink - SU Pink Passion
- Accessories - Cuttlebug Folder, SU Punches, SU Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, SU Markers
Strawberry Cheers to You
- Stamps - SU Cheers To You and Tart and Tangy
- Paper - SU Real Red, Whisper White and Green Galore CS
- Ink - Ranger's Archival Ink
- Accessories - Ranger's Glossy Accents, Stickles, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Cuttlebug Folder, Unknown Brads, SU Apple Grosgrain Ribbon
Monday, October 5, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
What is it that I am making, you ask? Well, I adapted someone elses 2 bottle Frappuccino Carrier into something I liked a bit better....shorter and more narrow. I like the Frappuccino okay enough and don't mind buying it when it is on sale. I have stashed away about 12 bottles. But, I find that I will need about 9 more bottles.....and this week our grocery store has the 4 packs on sale for $4.99. I have enlisted the help of my DH to drink some of them.
I will post pictures when I get them finished....still have to find some great ribbon about 1" wide to accent the boxes. Tomorrow afternoon, I will stop at Michael's and Hobby Lobby (with coupons in hand) to see what I can find.
Talk to you later and Happy Crafting always!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Hi Friends! Just taking a little break from studying....another big test tomorrow in my Horticulture class...Ugh!
Not sure who I made this for??? But, a while back I was cleaning things in my craft area....kind of sounds like Area 51 and sometimes looks like it!......when I found a bunch of stamped images. I had borrowed the set from one of my Demos a year or so back. It's time I started using up these images! I bet you have of these too just laying around.
I like paring light DP with Black it really makes the colors pop, IMO! Not to mention I had 2 packs of Black CS...no idea how that happened! See what happens when you clean....no hints here, you know who you are!!! Only kidding friends!!
Anyway, thanks for looking at my stuff! Have a super day and Happy Crafting always!!
- Stamps - Tickled Pink
- Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink
- Paper - K & Co DP, Doodlebug Borders, SU Whisper White, Basic Black and Regal Rose CS
- Accessories - SU Rose Grograin Ribbon - Wide and Narrow, Basic Grey Button, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Using one of my older jumbo SU wheels for this one. Took me a couple of tries to get a good clean and straight image that was not over stamped. I think that is why I am going to take all the rubber off the wheels and put on EZ Mount. Then use on an acrylic block. Just as soon as I have a bit of spare time....maybe when my son is in the hospital in November and I am just sitting there for hours on end.
Anyway.....stamped and cut out the butterflies from Tagger's Dozen and popped them up on teeny tiny bits of dimensionals. Now that was a challenge. I wanted to use some of the Pomegranate CS and ribbon so, that was my color scheme. Used Prismas for the flowers and sponged the blue bg and used chalks for highlighting. My MIL loved the card!
Thanks for looking and happy Crafting!!
- Stamps - SU Edgy Eloquence, Taggers Dozen, Hollyhock Jumbo Wheel
- Paper - SU Whisper White, Brocade Blue and Purely Pomegrante CS
- Ink - SU Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue
- Accessories - Dimensionals, SU Pomegranate Ribbon (retired), Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, SU Chalks, Sponges
Monday, September 21, 2009
While this is a retired SU set it is new to me. Orginally when I saw it in the catalog I liked it but, didn't think it had enough versitility to buy it at full price. Then I saw that my SU demo had it on sale not too long ago. So.....
I made some cards for my stash that were relatively quick! Plus I am still trying to use up some retired stuff! Thanks for taking a look!
- Stamps - SU Flaky Friends
- Paper - SU Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow and Certainly Celery CS, Wintergreen and Certainly Celery DSP (retired)
- Ink - SU Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow and Certainly Celery
- Accessories - Dimensionals, SU Ticket Corner Punch, Sponges, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Jelly Roll Pen (around the mitten images), SU Taffeta and Grosgrain Ribbons
Hi Friends! This card was very quick and easy. Not the big creation I would normally like to make. But, last weekend I went to a Shoebox Swap in our area and wanted something that was just a bit challenging....the brads and wire application but, not overly because of the varying degrees of stampers. Guess you could pop up both baskets and fill with stamped goodies if you wanted.
Wayne and I took the big drive to Wisconsin this weekend (it is always long and boring...Hwy 39 North is the worst). One of his brothers was throwing a little get together for their Mom at his house for her birthday (tomorrow I will post her birthday card). We had a great time the whole weekend, we always do.
I think I mentioned that they live on a farm, right? Well, they had hay cut (which has to stay on the ground for a week drying) and Saturday was the day to bale. Our brother-in-law came over with his tractor and extra hay wagon to help my FIL. It was neat to watch, as I am a city girl and have never seen this. They have this cool kick baler that after the hay is baled, the machine, that is pulled behind the tractor, shoots out the bale into the wagon. Which is pulled behind the baler. What a process it all is. Wish I had taken a photo!!
I don't think I could be a farm girl but, having In-Laws who live on a farm has given me an appreciation for what farmers must go through on a day-to-day basis. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful set of In-Laws; I love them both very much!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
- Stamps - SU Carved and Candlelit, Inkadinkado Sentiment
- Paper - SU Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White CS, 7Gypsies DP
- Ink - SU Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black
- Accessories - Paper Piercer, Brads, Jewlery Wire, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I have gone back to college! Don't know what I am really going to do.....just decided to take a course that interested me.....Introduction to Horticulture! I has been fun so far!
Our son has kept us busy too....though more with worry than anything fun. He has been having problems with his feeding tube over the past 3 weeks. Yesterday we think we solved the problem!
We are keeping our fingers crossed!!
About the card this was for the Newlyweds for the wedding on September 5 that we were invited to. I had planned to get them the Margarita set they had on their registery at Target, except the one they wanted was plastic and the one at the store was glass. So, I went out and bought the Margarita Mix, Tequila and Rim Salt....put it in the box with this card. I let them know that the set was getting shipped to them. I haven't heard from them yet as to whether it was a hit or not.
I use Crystal Effects on the glass first, let it dry then did Crystal Effects again on the rim with the chunky glitter. You can't see too much in the photo but, I did put some stickles on the lime (which turned out a bit darker than I wanted!)
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!!
- Stamps - SU Cheers To You
- Paper - SU Whisper White and Sahara Sand CS, Textured Whisper White CS and Bazzill Textured Green (unkown name) CS
- Ink - Ranger Archival Ink
- Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Crystal Effects, MS Irridescent Chunky Glitter, Lime Green Stickles
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Anyway about the card.....I just could not find my own inspiration so I turned to the incredibly talented folks on SCS. I found this card by Amy Rohl
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1437017?&cat=500&ppuser=37423 I made my sentiment piece a bit too small but, I think it worked. I did not have a 1 3/4" punch so, I used a chipboard circle, covered it with CS and attached the punched Monagram circle over it....I think it gave the look of a nestability die. I could not find a charm to add that went with the look of the card.....they all looked either too cheap or were the wrong color. I gave up and found a nice looking button, which I cut the shank off. I think it is needing something else but, I don't want to "junk" it up too much. So, I stopped.
Thanks for looking, I always appreciate your comments.
- Stamps - SU Baroque Motifs, All Year Cheer III, Lovely Letters Alpha
- Ink - SU Chocolate Chip
- Paper - SU Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip CS
- Accessories - Cuttlebug Folder, Big Shot, Score-Pal, Dimensionals, K & Co Pearls, SU Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Offray Wide Ribbon, Bo Bunny Chipboard, SU 1 3/8" Circle Punch
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Just wanted to post something I made with my new purchase.....my birthday was August 1....thank you (bowing)....and I bought a Big Shot and some dies. I love how easy it is to use....having had a Cuttlebug for a couple of years. Now I have to have all these neat dies from Stampin' Up!
I made this card because I will have need for some guy cards soon. The button and arrow are some chipboard pieces I have been hoarding for some time. And I can't tell you when I bought the ribbon??? It was fun and very easy to make....something different for me!!
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!!
- Stamps - SU Fundamental Phrases
- Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink
- Paper - SU Basic Grey, Kraft and Kiwi Kiss CS, SU Urban Oasis DSP
- Accessories - Bo Bunny Chipboard, Twine, Dimensionals, Bigz Top Note Die, Big Shot, Unknown Twill Ribbon
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Good Morning Friends! I bet you thought I forgot about you? Well, rest assured, I did not. Summer always is so busy for us with Gardening, Traveling and Loafing! HA!
Anyway, I needed a card for my SIL who was just diagnosed Monday with AVM. Arteriovenous Malformation is a snarled tangle of arteries and veins that disrupts the process of blood flow. There is still much we do not know at this time; she still needs to see a specialist soon. This is the SIL that has 4 girls and one of them has special needs. We are all very worried but, are trying to think positive for her sake.
I have been trying to do my best to work on stashes of DP, I am nearly finished with this pack! You cannot tell by the picture (no sun today) that I had used glitter for the flower center....looks better IRL!
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!!
- Stamps - SU True Friend, Curvy Verses
- Paper - SU Whisper White, Old Olive and Rose Red CS, SU Petals and Paisley DP
- Ink - SU Pretty in Pink and Rose Red
- Accessories - SU Key Tag Punch, Non-SU Glitter, Glue Pen, SU Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Old Olive Markers
Monday, August 10, 2009
Good Morning Friends! I have had this stamp for a very long time! Still love it and probably will never get rid of it! I like this image much better than the one that was offered by SU!
Used Prismas and Baby Oil for the coloring....took quite sometime to get the best color combo down. Had to cover up the sentiment on the orginal stamp and I can see now that the one I used to cover it up is a bit crooked....oh well! Hope you like it!
Make it a great day!!
- Stamps - PSX, All Year Cheer III
- Paper - SU Ivory Naturals, Whisper White and Close to Cocoa CS, SU DSP retired
- Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Accessories - Dimensionals, SU Key Tag Punch, SU Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps
Sunday, August 9, 2009
The I Like Your Style came from my friend Julie at Special Craft Mom to 4 http://specialcraftmom.blogspot.com/ Julie is so very sweet and creative. I know her from the SCS Shoebox Swap here in St. Louis. Every month we get together at a different person's house to have fun and share a card with each other.
Her rules are that I have to give this to 5 other bloggers. So, here's to Dina, Jo, Steph, JD and Rebecca. You five ladies are creative, supportive and sweet...and I love your style!! Thanks!
This award came from Linda at ~Linda's Crafty Creations~ http://lindascraftycreations.blogspot.com/ Another super creative lady who does some amazing coloring on her images and embellishes with relish! Thanks Linda!
Maybe you can pass one, or both, of these on to someone you know that deserves to be recognized for the sweet creative person they are!
Make it a great day!
Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Good Morning Friends! I have another Christmas card to share with you today. I have been on a roll with these type of cards because of the goal I have set for myself. I got another 6 done yesterday... making about 24 remaining to be made. It makes me feel very good!
I really liked this set last catalog and so ordered just before retiring. I love Kraft cardstock, reds and brown together. It looks so comfy homey together. What I am not so crazy about is that I took this pic outside under the patio table umbrella....the shadow is funky. And I am not so sure about that white oval sentiment. But, it was quick and easy and will ship well. What do you think?
Went out last night with one of my Husband's co-workers, Kevin. He has to come in once every 6 weeks or so to work here but, he works from home the rest of the time. So, it is always nice when he comes because we get into such deep conversations about life, religion and politics.....yes, I know...we should not talk about some of that stuff!
He is from New Jersey where he and his wife raise their 8 children....no he is not Octo-dad! They had 4 naturally and adopted a sibling group of 5 from somewhere in Russia. The sibiling group has had many mental issues to deal with because of the home they came from and the one son, who does not live at home, has severe mental issues. The family is not safe when that son is around. Anyway, Kevin and Christina do a heck of a job taking care of them all! And, btw, they go through 3 gallons of milk a day!
Well, hope you have a nice day today. Tomorrow we are heading to Chicago to celebrate my birthday. Did not want a party of any kind this year...it's just not the same without Dad!
Thanks for looking!
- Stamps - To You And Yours
- Paper - SU Kraft, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip CS, Riding Hood Red DSP
- Ink - SU Riding Hood Red
- Accessories - SU Scallop Border Punch and Large Oval Punch, SU Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Fiskars Oval Cutter, Dimensionals
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
It's difficult to see but the red patterned paper has glitter on it so, to compliment that I used Stickles on the candle flame. I am really lovin' this gradiated flame, if I don't say so myself!!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my creation. Hope your summer is going great and that you are not too hot and bothered!
- Stamps - SU Big Birthday Candle, Lots Of Thoughts
- Paper - SU Garden Green, Basic Black and Whisper White CS, DCWV DP
- Ink - Ranger Archival Ink, SU Real Red, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
- Accessories - MS Scallop Border Punch, SU Scallop Circle Punch, SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Stickles
Monday, July 27, 2009
However, I did not post these cards, don't know why, just did not. But, what I wanted to tell you was that I have these sentiments in a PDF file that I can share with you. If you let me know your e-mail I can send them to you.....there are 4 colors!!
As you can see there are loads of variety and ways to use up ordinary papers and supplies...look at that Merry Christmas with the little bird....isn't that cute?! And I used SU and 7Gypsies papers and retired In-Color ribbon. Well.....you let me know if I can help you make your Christmas cards easier....okay?
Yesterday, I met one of my friends, Gillian, at the DeMenil House....it was in one of my earlier posts for a book signing about the Lemp Mansion, which is situated right next door. It was wonderful to hear Stephen Walker talk about the interesting Lemp family. They were one of the early brewing families in this part of the country.
They must have had some mental illness in their family tree because 3 of them committed suicide in that house. Now the house is haunted by several ghosts, one of them is a dog!
Patrons have reported all sorts of strange noises, sightings and occurances as the house is now a Bed and Breakfast and Restaurant. Yes, people do come and stay there simply because it is haunted!!
Just to let you know...I do believe in the paranormal....someday, I will tell you my stories!!
It was a nice day and being with my friend was a great way to spend Sunday! Take care and have a great week!
Stamps - SU Short & Sweet
Paper - Assorted SU and 7Gypsies, SU Cardstock
Ink- Ranger Archival Black Ink
Accessories - Dimensionals, Asst. Ribbons and buttons, SU Corner Rounder Punch, Bunny Tails Springs, Brads and eyelets, Computer Generated Sentiments
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Wayne and I spent the day yesterday working in our gardens. We took out a small retaining wall on in one of our shade gardens and replaced it with new brick. What a back-breaking job!! The left over brick will be the back of another garden.
When we moved into our house, our first together, there was nothing. Save for 2 trees and a very sloped yard with a chain link fence. Now we have several gardens and it is a place where we spend much time in the summer. I hope you have a place to enjoy your summer even if it is hot and humid, you still need a place to relax and watch the world go by. Some day soon I will post my garden pics.
Thanks for looking! Make it a great Sunday!!
- Stamps - PSX, Judith, Short & Sweet
- Paper - SU Soft Sky and Whisper White CS, Soft Sky DSP
- Ink - Ranger Archival Ink, SU Whisper White Craft
- Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Stickles, SU Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon, Stampabilities Paper Clip
Saturday, July 25, 2009
I generally make 3-5 of each design, that way I have lots to choose from and I don't get too bored with the same design.
I have a couple of sets still to use and I am looking for a great religious stamp. I think I found one in the new mini coming up starting Sept. 1. I saw it at my Demo's house the other day.....I drooled all over that mini....sorry Dina.
I have quite a few friends and family that really appreciate a card with the holy famly, nativity, etc. But, in the past few years, I have not found one that was not "cutsie". Is anyone else having that problem? I love Stampin' Up! but, I think they are lacking in this area.....in general.
Any way, this was fun to make. I used the paper and ribbon as my inspiration....hint...curlys on the ribbon tie into the garland on the tree! And I am really lovin' how the addition of a couple of black layers makes the other colors pop. Super easy and quick....and no bulky embellies to mail!
Hope you have a great day. Thanks for looking too!
- Stamps - Fun & Fast Notes
- Paper - SU Old Olive, Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White, DCWV DP
- Ink - Ranger Archival Ink
- Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Stickles, Ribbon (michael's)
Friday, July 24, 2009
- Stamps - Big Birthday Candle, Many Merry Messages
- Paper - SU Real Red, Handsome Hunter and Whisper White, DCWV and Peebles DP
- Ink - Ranger Archival Black, SU Barely Banana, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie
- Acessories - SU Square Scallop Punch, Paper Piercer, Silver Brads, Stamp-a-majig, Post-it-note, Metallic Cord
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
In the very near future, I will be posting for Blog Candy. Yes, I didn't think it was necessary but, have changed my mind. So, I have been shopping around for just the right mix of goodies!
Making this card is helping me reduce the amount of DP I have and use a set that I have not used yet. I see that all the time on B/S/T on SCS that folks have them unmounted and unused. But, when I bought this paper and set, I loved that it was whimsical looking, had flowers and a butterfly. It's difficult to see in the picture but, the butterfly has stickles on it.
BTW, I am selling some of my retired SU sets. I am trying to figure out a way to post them but, in the mean time you can go to cvansluys on SCS in the B/S/T thread to find my ad if you are interested.
Hope you have a great day!
- Stamps - I Just Love You
- Paper - SU Flowers for You DSP, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise CS
- Ink - SU Regal Rose
- Accessories - SU Tempting Turquiose, Regal Rose, Old Olive and Lovely Lilac Markers, SU Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Scallop Border Punch, Paper Piercer, Dew Drops, Stickles
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Don't how I lost it...maybe it's this sadness I have been feeling for so many things I cannot change in my life right now, maybe it is the lack of funds to buy something new to stamp with or maybe it is something entirely different, like gardening that takes so much time. At any rate, I needed to make some birthday cards last week and took a day to myself to make some.
I bought this set used from my Demo. I thought it would be pretty handy for some masculine cards or maybe even a christmas card. I perused the Big Birthday Candle set gallery and found 2 cards that I liked for the design just the way they were. The one to the left and the green and black near the bottom, both by HamiltonGal on SCS.
Designer Paper by 7Gypsies has always been one of my favorite lines. I bought this in a paper pack before last Christmas to work on a project, but realized that it would take too long for the time I had and be way over the amount I wanted to spend. So, I shelved the whole thing. But, when I was looking for some guy type paper I spotted it and thought...hmmm, this will be fine!
The 50th card I sent to my brother out in California. He and I were so close to each other for so many of our childhood years. Then when I went to high school, things between us changed. He got into some not so good relationships with "bad boys" and nothing I said made any difference. We spent many years not talking to each other...the last time I saw him was at our sisters wedding in 1993. He was starting a new relationship with a really good woman, Rose....I think she saw the good man that he really is. They are married now and happy.
Then when our Father passed away 2 months ago, we were thrown back together. We started talking again.....I told him life is too short to be mad any longer. So, we are trying to reconnect our relationship again. I am grateful that he has found peace in his heart and has forgiven himself for the wrongs he has done and is moving forward. As it should be.
The other cards are for future birthdays in the family....older niece, nephew and sister-in-law. They are not masterpieces but, I had fun making them and I hope the recipents will like them too. I really liked that I sponged the flame of the candle, that was fun!
Hope you have a great week! I appreciate you looking too!
Stamps - Big Birthday Candle, So Many Scallops
Ink - Ranger Archival Ink
Accessories - 1 3/4" circle punch
Make a Wish card
Stamps - Big Birthday Candle
Ink - SU Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and More Mustard
Accessories - Paper Clip, Zig Marker and SU Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon
Birthdays are the Best
Stamps - Big Birthday Candle and It's Your Birthday
Paper - SU Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Whisper White and So Saffron CS, Washington Apple DSP
Ink- SU More Mustard, Ranger Archival Ink
Accessories - Paper Clip, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Small and Large Tag Punches
Amethyst Happy Birthday
Stamps - Big Birthday Candle and It's Your Birthday
Paper - SU Almost Amethyst, Whisper White and So Saffron CS, SU Tea Party DSP
Ink - Ranger Archival Ink, SU Almost Amethyst and More Mustard
Accessories - Wide Ric Rack, Cotton Thread50th Birthday card
Stamps - Big Birthday Candle, So Very, Wonderful Favorites, Short Order Numbers
Paper - SU Basic Black and Kiwi Kiss, SU Rockabilly Speciality DSP
Ink - Ranger Archival Ink
Accessories - SU On Board Lots of Letters Chipboard, Zig Marker, Crystal effects
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
- Stamps - SU Embrace Life and So Very; Hero Arts Printers Type Alpha
- Ink - SU Tempting Teal, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie
- Paper - SU Bali Breeze, Parisian Breeze Speciality and Washington Apple DSP, Whisper White, Confetti White, Tempting Teal, River Rock, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Kraft, Blue Bayou and Textured Tempting Teal CS
- Accessories - SU Ribbons, Punches and Buttons (except for the brown one, it is from my collection of antiques), Unknown Blue ribbon, Making Memories Button Brads and Lil' Davis Chipboard
Saturday, June 27, 2009
First let me preface what I am going to say with an apology and a warning. I am going to say things that may or may not be something you want to talk about or that may offend your sensibilities. I love that you come to check out my crafts and that you leave me feedback.....and I know that I may be risking your friendship by speaking my mind.
I wanted to make something for July 4th to decorate our home. So many other holidays get decorations that this one needs it too. I also wanted to remind friends and family how important our Freedom is....this is where I stand on my soapbox and say....
I am not happy with many of our current members of Government and I am afraid that a good deal of our freedoms may be in the process of getting taken away. If we do not stand up and let our feelings be known, by talking to our legislators, we may end up in serious trouble 4 years from now and we will only have ourselves to blame. I believe that we have been heading down this road for many years so, it is not something new.
As I watch events unfold on TV about our country (the incredible amounts of money being spent, the bailouts, continued loss of jobs, etc.), I am reminded of our Founding Fathers....what they faced to stand up to King George....what they risked! They loved their native country, England, but, they could not stand by here in the colonies and be dictated to....and taxed to death. So they not only revolted once but twice!!
If this Cap and Trade (Tax) Bill passes the Senate you can expect our taxes to go up to the tune of about $3,000 a year! How do you think government will get the money to fund all the things they want to do? Now, I do not know about you but, I think I pay just enough taxes already!
What I am asking you to do is be informed about what the real truths are about what is going on in our country and what our government is trying to accomplish....mainstream TV does not give you the complete answers, please try to watch Fox News. They are fair and balanced! And no I do not get any kickbacks for saying any of this!! Call or e-mail your legislators and tell them you are mad as hell and not going to take this anymore! If they do not hear from you then, they will think you are okay with the status quo.
Thank you friends for listening to me I just need to speak up and say what needs to be said....I love my country very much, I would not want to live anywhere else but, I am not willing to lay down and let them walk all over me and my family!! Here are some links to find your House of Representatives and Senators
- Stamps - None
- Paper - Moxxie, Creative Imaginations, Graphic 45 DPs and SU Confetti White CS
- Ink - SU Creamy Caramel
- Accessories - Cricuit, SU Rough Edges Wheel, Dimensionals, Metallic Pipecleaners, K & Co Glue, Grungeboard Letters, Colorbok Chipboard, Basic Gray Sanding Tools, Assorted Ribbons and Fabric Strips
Have a great weekend (off my soapbox for now)!
Monday, June 22, 2009
We spent part of the evening together, no one cried but you could feel the tension. Everyone is trying so hard to be supportive to each other but, there are already some hurts happening because of things that have been said. All I can do is pray for guidance for each of us to be strong and know that Dad is okay.....and so will we.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
- Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, AYC II
- Paper - Baja Breeze, Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White CS, Baja Breeze DP
- Ink - Chocolate Chip
- Accessories - SU Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Unknown hardware
Thanks for looking!