Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wedding Card

Our neighbor's son is getting married on Saturday so, I needed a card. He is their youngest son and is marrying into a family of three already. His Mom, my friend and neighbor, is always so nice....well, his Dad is too! I haven't been to a wedding in ages so, hope this will be fun!

Anyway about the card.....I just could not find my own inspiration so I turned to the incredibly talented folks on SCS. I found this card by Amy Rohl
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1437017?&cat=500&ppuser=37423 I made my sentiment piece a bit too small but, I think it worked. I did not have a 1 3/4" punch so, I used a chipboard circle, covered it with CS and attached the punched Monagram circle over it....I think it gave the look of a nestability die. I could not find a charm to add that went with the look of the card.....they all looked either too cheap or were the wrong color. I gave up and found a nice looking button, which I cut the shank off. I think it is needing something else but, I don't want to "junk" it up too much. So, I stopped.

Thanks for looking, I always appreciate your comments.
Happy Crafting!!

Cindy
  • Stamps - SU Baroque Motifs, All Year Cheer III, Lovely Letters Alpha
  • Ink - SU Chocolate Chip
  • Paper - SU Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip CS
  • Accessories - Cuttlebug Folder, Big Shot, Score-Pal, Dimensionals, K & Co Pearls, SU Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Offray Wide Ribbon, Bo Bunny Chipboard, SU 1 3/8" Circle Punch

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, very pretty! I love the button on the bow - extremely elegant!

    ReplyDelete