The Sparkle with love was so much fun coloring....I think I am getting better at it. Using layers and 2 or 3 colors to give depth . This card is for my sister-in-law, Brenda. Her birthday is next month. She is the gal I talked about in a previous post with the AVM.
Well, she had gone to Mayo Clinic the first of the month for a second opinion. She feels better about what she heard. And she has decided to have the surgery to remove the mass that is on her brainstem. She can have complications from the surgery but, not having the surgery could leave her having another bleed...which could lead, possibly, to death. Not a chance she is willing to take given that she has a dear husband and 4 children. Her sugery will be the day after her birthday in November.....1 week before Thanksgiving. She is hoping to be nearly back to functioning right before Christmas.
The cupcake card is for one of our nieces, Jasmine, who had her 12th birthday last week. I applied stickles to the cupcake frosting and glossy accents to the cherries.
The Cheers to You Strawberry Daquiri card was made for Jasmine's Mom, Rene'. Her birthday was the day after Jasmine's. I have no idea if she like this type of drink, I just thought it was festive looking! I put glossy accents on the glass and stickles on the strawberry. I really liked how that one turned out!
Rene' and Jasmine are a part of Wayne's brother's, Steven, family. And they are coming down from Wisconsin Halloween weekend for a visit. The schools up there have that Friday off. It will be so nice to have some alone time with all of them! Seems like we don't get to do much visiting when the entire family gets together.
Other than getting ready for family to come, I have been busy advocating for our son, Clark. And visiting him in the hospital, he had to have another G/J-tube put in. Due to a "comedy of errors" on the part of his home and the hospital, he ended up staying 3 nights in there...and he wasn't even sick! Oh yes, Icomplained to everyone who would listen! Hopefully, I didgood. You guys, I won't bore you with my long stories about who I talked to and what happened. If you are really interested, send me an e-mail and I will.
Of course, my college class is keeping me busy as is our garden and getting it ready for winter. But, I do not know what I would do without all of that to do.....oh....wait.....maybe make more cards or something crafty! LOL!
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!!
Sparkle with Love
- Stamps - Unknown sentiment, Magnolia (stamped by Linda from Linda's Crafty Creations)
- Paper - SU Real Red Patterns Pack DSP, SU Whisper White and Old Olive CS, SU Urban Oasis DSP (retired)
- Ink - SU Basic Gray
- Accessories - Unknown Chipboard, SU Large Oval Punch, Fire Rhinestone Brads, SU Red Riding Hood Taffeta Ribbon, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, White Gel Pen
- Stamps - SU Heard From The Heart and Darling Dots
- Paper - SU Whisper White and Pink Passion CS
- Ink - SU Pink Passion
- Accessories - Cuttlebug Folder, SU Punches, SU Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, SU Markers
Strawberry Cheers to You
- Stamps - SU Cheers To You and Tart and Tangy
- Paper - SU Real Red, Whisper White and Green Galore CS
- Ink - Ranger's Archival Ink
- Accessories - Ranger's Glossy Accents, Stickles, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Cuttlebug Folder, Unknown Brads, SU Apple Grosgrain Ribbon