Friday, July 24, 2009

Christmas in July



I have been working on my Christmas cards for this year for quite a few months. I waited until the last minute last year and it was awful hurrying like I did. So, I set my goal of 80 to be finished by November 1. That way I could get them all in the mail by December 1. I thought it was a doable plan!
I bought this set used from my Demo, Dina Lanzendorf not too long ago and am loving it. Guess you could tell with all the cards a few days ago!!
Well this one I cased from Jan Tink, have I told you that she is so very funny, sarcastic humor and very creative....well I did now. Anyway, I wanted to use up some scraps. Dug through my stash of ribbon and found this metallic eyelash cord. I reverse masked the candle flame and used my index finger to get the gradiation of the flames. It was fun and only a bit time consuming!
Thanks for looking!!
Cindy
  • Stamps - Big Birthday Candle, Many Merry Messages
  • Paper - SU Real Red, Handsome Hunter and Whisper White, DCWV and Peebles DP
  • Ink - Ranger Archival Black, SU Barely Banana, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie
  • Acessories - SU Square Scallop Punch, Paper Piercer, Silver Brads, Stamp-a-majig, Post-it-note, Metallic Cord

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely done...the candle flames looks so "real." I'm one of those "last" minute people, and I'm always SAY that I'm going to start early and never do. Keep up the good work...How many more to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy hiya,Another lovely card.I think its much better to spread making xmas cards over the year like what you are doing.I an doing the same thanx to the "winter wonderland" challenge blog!! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surfing all your posts and what FUN and ADORABLE cards!! You sure have been busy creating and LOVE all the sweet eye candy... I'm thinking of Christmas now!! TFS... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete