Saturday, July 25, 2009

2009 Christmas Spruce

Merry Christmas in July!! I hope that all of you are starting to put your thinking caps on about what will take place in 6 months??!! Well I have been as you can see. I have about 30 or so cards remaining to make by Nov. 1.

I generally make 3-5 of each design, that way I have lots to choose from and I don't get too bored with the same design.
I have a couple of sets still to use and I am looking for a great religious stamp. I think I found one in the new mini coming up starting Sept. 1. I saw it at my Demo's house the other day.....I drooled all over that mini....sorry Dina.

I have quite a few friends and family that really appreciate a card with the holy famly, nativity, etc. But, in the past few years, I have not found one that was not "cutsie". Is anyone else having that problem? I love Stampin' Up! but, I think they are lacking in this area.....in general.

Any way, this was fun to make. I used the paper and ribbon as my inspiration....hint...curlys on the ribbon tie into the garland on the tree! And I am really lovin' how the addition of a couple of black layers makes the other colors pop. Super easy and quick....and no bulky embellies to mail!

Hope you have a great day. Thanks for looking too!
Cindy

  • Stamps - Fun & Fast Notes
  • Paper - SU Old Olive, Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White, DCWV DP
  • Ink - Ranger Archival Ink
  • Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, Stickles, Ribbon (michael's)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cindy,i love the posh ribbon!! Hope you are having a fab weekend xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card.. Love this little image.. great paper too..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete