Thursday, July 30, 2009

From Our Krafty House to Yours



Good Morning Friends! I have another Christmas card to share with you today. I have been on a roll with these type of cards because of the goal I have set for myself. I got another 6 done yesterday... making about 24 remaining to be made. It makes me feel very good!

I really liked this set last catalog and so ordered just before retiring. I love Kraft cardstock, reds and brown together. It looks so comfy homey together. What I am not so crazy about is that I took this pic outside under the patio table umbrella....the shadow is funky. And I am not so sure about that white oval sentiment. But, it was quick and easy and will ship well. What do you think?

Went out last night with one of my Husband's co-workers, Kevin. He has to come in once every 6 weeks or so to work here but, he works from home the rest of the time. So, it is always nice when he comes because we get into such deep conversations about life, religion and politics.....yes, I know...we should not talk about some of that stuff!

He is from New Jersey where he and his wife raise their 8 children....no he is not Octo-dad! They had 4 naturally and adopted a sibling group of 5 from somewhere in Russia. The sibiling group has had many mental issues to deal with because of the home they came from and the one son, who does not live at home, has severe mental issues. The family is not safe when that son is around. Anyway, Kevin and Christina do a heck of a job taking care of them all! And, btw, they go through 3 gallons of milk a day!

Well, hope you have a nice day today. Tomorrow we are heading to Chicago to celebrate my birthday. Did not want a party of any kind this year...it's just not the same without Dad!

Thanks for looking!
Cindy

  • Stamps - To You And Yours
  • Paper - SU Kraft, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip CS, Riding Hood Red DSP
  • Ink - SU Riding Hood Red
  • Accessories - SU Scallop Border Punch and Large Oval Punch, SU Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Fiskars Oval Cutter, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. How good are you getting all these gorgeous Christmas Cards made! I've just discovered SU products in the UK and have some on order - sadly we cannot get Kraft card.
    Have a fabulous birthday celebration.
    Clare x
    ps hats off to Kevin amd his Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and Happy Birthday, early, hope you have a great day...Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Cindy,You are doing well with your xmas cards with only 24 to go,the ones i have seen have all been fab.
    Glad you had a lovely time with kevin,its so nice to have someone to talk to isnt it!I cannot belive they have 8 children i only had the one and that was enough for me lol
    Have a super weekend xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.. I have something for you on my blog.. Hugs, linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you stamped this image in red on the kraft. Gives a warm and cozy feel to your card.

    ReplyDelete