Monday, September 21, 2009

Candlelit Halloween Card



Hi Friends! This card was very quick and easy. Not the big creation I would normally like to make. But, last weekend I went to a Shoebox Swap in our area and wanted something that was just a bit challenging....the brads and wire application but, not overly because of the varying degrees of stampers. Guess you could pop up both baskets and fill with stamped goodies if you wanted.

Wayne and I took the big drive to Wisconsin this weekend (it is always long and boring...Hwy 39 North is the worst). One of his brothers was throwing a little get together for their Mom at his house for her birthday (tomorrow I will post her birthday card). We had a great time the whole weekend, we always do.

I think I mentioned that they live on a farm, right? Well, they had hay cut (which has to stay on the ground for a week drying) and Saturday was the day to bale. Our brother-in-law came over with his tractor and extra hay wagon to help my FIL. It was neat to watch, as I am a city girl and have never seen this. They have this cool kick baler that after the hay is baled, the machine, that is pulled behind the tractor, shoots out the bale into the wagon. Which is pulled behind the baler. What a process it all is. Wish I had taken a photo!!

I don't think I could be a farm girl but, having In-Laws who live on a farm has given me an appreciation for what farmers must go through on a day-to-day basis. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful set of In-Laws; I love them both very much!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Cindy

  • Stamps - SU Carved and Candlelit, Inkadinkado Sentiment
  • Paper - SU Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White CS, 7Gypsies DP
  • Ink - SU Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black
  • Accessories - Paper Piercer, Brads, Jewlery Wire, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen

1 comment: