Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So Very Loved - Always


It has been nearly a month and a half since my Dad passed away. I think I am doing pretty good dealing with his not being at home when I go to see Mom. I keep expecting to see him sitting in his chair when I open the door. Mom is having a very difficult time dealing with it, which is to be expected since he was her life's partner. She has most of her grief when no one is at home. She was worried that she was crying too much but, I think as long as she is crying, that is a good thing.

Anyway, I decided to make a couple of cards to send to Lisa, my younger sister, Chris, my younger brother and Mom. I wanted to let them know how much I love them and to apologize if I said anything in grief that has caused them pain. I feel I did, don't remember what it was but, I can feel there is distance. I am hoping to say some kind words to 'mend fences'.

The Orange and White is for Mom. I cased this from Leigh Ann Baird off of SCS. I change it a bit but really liked the flowers on the panel. Wished the 'loved' showed up better. I used my markers to color the small prismas because I did not have the color I wanted.

The Blue and Kraft is for my sister, Lisa....she loves these colors. I cased this from Putri on SCS, I really like her style of cardmaking.


This one is for Chris, he lives out in Mid-coast California. He was not able to come home to visit with Dad prior to his passing away. But, he came for a week staying with Lisa and my BIL, John. He helped Mom do some repairs around the house that Dad just was not able to do. I think they had a good time catching up.
Thanks for looking and I hope that you have a great holiday weekend!!
Cindy
The supplies are in no particular order this time....sorry.
  • Stamps - SU Embrace Life and So Very; Hero Arts Printers Type Alpha
  • Ink - SU Tempting Teal, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie
  • Paper - SU Bali Breeze, Parisian Breeze Speciality and Washington Apple DSP, Whisper White, Confetti White, Tempting Teal, River Rock, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Kraft, Blue Bayou and Textured Tempting Teal CS
  • Accessories - SU Ribbons, Punches and Buttons (except for the brown one, it is from my collection of antiques), Unknown Blue ribbon, Making Memories Button Brads and Lil' Davis Chipboard

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughtful cards and it is good to mend fences before they get wider. I miss my parents and I know that Father's Day must not have been easy for you and your family. I tried to email twice that info but for some reason that email did not work. I do not feel comfortable posting it publicly so I say just watch Hannity and also O'Riely:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are lovely, and I hope sending these to your family members will let them know how much you do care for them, and it helps to make it easier for all of you to get through these difficult days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, These are some beautiful cards. I'm sure your family will love them. Hang in there, things will get easier. -HUGS-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy these are some beautiful cards! I LOVE the flowers you make (: I understand what you mean about expecting your Dad to be there when you visit. It has been two years and I still experience that every time I visit my mom's house. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy thank you so much for your post on my blog regarding "Sad". I am touched by your our blog post too. Sometimes when we think we alone...we are not. I just love your cards and inspiration thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete