Saturday, June 27, 2009

Freedom and Garland

Happy Saturday Friends!

First let me preface what I am going to say with an apology and a warning. I am going to say things that may or may not be something you want to talk about or that may offend your sensibilities. I love that you come to check out my crafts and that you leave me feedback.....and I know that I may be risking your friendship by speaking my mind.

I wanted to make something for July 4th to decorate our home. So many other holidays get decorations that this one needs it too. I also wanted to remind friends and family how important our Freedom is....this is where I stand on my soapbox and say....

I am not happy with many of our current members of Government and I am afraid that a good deal of our freedoms may be in the process of getting taken away. If we do not stand up and let our feelings be known, by talking to our legislators, we may end up in serious trouble 4 years from now and we will only have ourselves to blame. I believe that we have been heading down this road for many years so, it is not something new.

As I watch events unfold on TV about our country (the incredible amounts of money being spent, the bailouts, continued loss of jobs, etc.), I am reminded of our Founding Fathers....what they faced to stand up to King George....what they risked! They loved their native country, England, but, they could not stand by here in the colonies and be dictated to....and taxed to death. So they not only revolted once but twice!!

If this Cap and Trade (Tax) Bill passes the Senate you can expect our taxes to go up to the tune of about $3,000 a year! How do you think government will get the money to fund all the things they want to do? Now, I do not know about you but, I think I pay just enough taxes already!

What I am asking you to do is be informed about what the real truths are about what is going on in our country and what our government is trying to accomplish....mainstream TV does not give you the complete answers, please try to watch Fox News. They are fair and balanced! And no I do not get any kickbacks for saying any of this!! Call or e-mail your legislators and tell them you are mad as hell and not going to take this anymore! If they do not hear from you then, they will think you are okay with the status quo.

Thank you friends for listening to me I just need to speak up and say what needs to be said....I love my country very much, I would not want to live anywhere else but, I am not willing to lay down and let them walk all over me and my family!! Here are some links to find your House of Representatives and Senators
http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm


  • Stamps - None
  • Paper - Moxxie, Creative Imaginations, Graphic 45 DPs and SU Confetti White CS
  • Ink - SU Creamy Caramel
  • Accessories - Cricuit, SU Rough Edges Wheel, Dimensionals, Metallic Pipecleaners, K & Co Glue, Grungeboard Letters, Colorbok Chipboard, Basic Gray Sanding Tools, Assorted Ribbons and Fabric Strips

Have a great weekend (off my soapbox for now)!
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments about our freedoms. My husband serves in the Army, defending those freedoms, currently en route to Afghanistan. You are right on and I admire your brevity in posting your opinions.

    Blessings!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your banner and yes, we do take our freedom for granted. Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving such nice comments...Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and have been on my soap box for years now. Don't even get me started as my blood pressure will be up. The media is in Obama's pocket and others. I love Hannity and O'Rielly for some info and I will send you a link to a gal who posts the most amazing truths that your head will spin when you read her blog:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete