Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas Card Assortment

Good Morning! I wanted to share with you some ideas for easy cards. Last year I took a Big Picture Scrapbooking class with Kolette Hall. The class was wonderful and so was Kolette. I have some pictures of my class creations on my SCS Gallery if you care to take a look (Mosaic Christmas Frame, Acrylic Frame, Family Word Books and Page Protector Calendar). These cards are from 2008, BTW.

However, I did not post these cards, don't know why, just did not. But, what I wanted to tell you was that I have these sentiments in a PDF file that I can share with you. If you let me know your e-mail I can send them to you.....there are 4 colors!!

As you can see there are loads of variety and ways to use up ordinary papers and supplies...look at that Merry Christmas with the little bird....isn't that cute?! And I used SU and 7Gypsies papers and retired In-Color ribbon. Well.....you let me know if I can help you make your Christmas cards easier....okay?

Yesterday, I met one of my friends, Gillian, at the DeMenil House....it was in one of my earlier posts for a book signing about the Lemp Mansion, which is situated right next door. It was wonderful to hear Stephen Walker talk about the interesting Lemp family. They were one of the early brewing families in this part of the country.

They must have had some mental illness in their family tree because 3 of them committed suicide in that house. Now the house is haunted by several ghosts, one of them is a dog!

Patrons have reported all sorts of strange noises, sightings and occurances as the house is now a Bed and Breakfast and Restaurant. Yes, people do come and stay there simply because it is haunted!!

Just to let you know...I do believe in the paranormal....someday, I will tell you my stories!!

It was a nice day and being with my friend was a great way to spend Sunday! Take care and have a great week!
Cindy

Stamps - SU Short & Sweet
Paper - Assorted SU and 7Gypsies, SU Cardstock
Ink- Ranger Archival Black Ink
Accessories - Dimensionals, Asst. Ribbons and buttons, SU Corner Rounder Punch, Bunny Tails Springs, Brads and eyelets, Computer Generated Sentiments

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow love all your wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy these really are lovely,the colours are very rich!!
    Spooky...you wouldnt catch me staying in that B&B i'd be too scared to sleep lol.Glad you had a nice day out with your friend xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you were able to use the same papers and embellishments in each set but come up with different looks. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. It's always great to have some easy ideas when you need to make a bunch of cards for one occasion.

    ReplyDelete