Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wild Raspberry Love Card


Good Morning Friends! I am still working with the chipboard hearts this week. Actually, I made these all in one day I am just now posting them in hopes of attracting more attention to my blog. I guess unless you are a demo for CTMH or SU or a designer for some company you are destined not to get many folks looking. It's a bit dissapointing but, that will not get me down in the dumps, I will just keep going.

I love this combination of colors together and the vintage feel. Whomever from these paper companies that design all these wonderful papers are truly brillant! I think that is something we cardmakers and scrapbookers take for granted.

I put this card on one of my Grandmother's quilts she made. My Grandmother, Mom's Mom, was not a quilter all her life, she learned late in life. In fact, she learned out of spite you could say. She was wanting a quilt to be made for my Mom and Dad when they got married nearly 54 years ago.

So, she went to the church in her area of Illinois that was doing that on a regular basis and was told that it was over a year wait. Grandma got mad and said she would just teach herself. Most folks at during that time knew how to sew already, it was the quilting that was different. This quilt is called Snowball because when you open it up, the white sections look like snowballs.

Thanks for looking and hope you have a very happy crafting day!!
Cindy

  • Stamps - SU Baroque Motifs, Stampabilities Sentiment
  • Paper - SU Very Vanilla, K & Co Wild Raspberry DP
  • Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink, Tsukineko Brillance Pearlescent Biege
  • Accessories - SU Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, SU Gold Cord, Unknown Rhinestone, Rusty Pickle Chipboard Hearts, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sanding Tools, Sponges

3 comments: