Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day!



Good Morning Friends! I think this is one of the silliest yet, neatest traditions that we have in this country. Don't you? I watched the movie Groundhog's Day over the weekend...silly!

Well, over the month that I did not post anything, I helped family mostly. Wayne and I had Christmas Eve day at our house. Clark was brought over by staff, Mom and brother, Louis, sister, Lisa and her husband, John, were all over. We watched our traditional Christmas movies, ate a lot and opened gifts, of course. I think everyone had a great time!

We drove on Christmas Day to Wayne's folks in Wisconsin.....nice drive, very cold! It's always good to be with them and my In-Laws are always grateful when we come for a nice long visit. We stayed until January 2. During that time we attended a Packer's Football game. That was only the second time I attened a professional football game and second time to an outdoor stadium! It was very cold and windy! Had a super time!!

Also during that time my In-Laws asked us to help out with farm chores while they were gone to a convention for County Fairs in the Dells mid January. Of course, we said yes. Well, that meant we had to come back in less than a week. But, hey, that's what you do when it's family right?

The other thing that we were going to do was take my sister-in-laws kids to school and take Brenda, Wayne's sister, to therapy 3 times a week too. Remember she had brain surgery just before Thanksgiving for a bleed on her brain stem? Well, everything went very well it just left her with some left side paralysis. So, I did the driving of family and Wayne did the farm chores (including milking a goat). We did have a lot of fun. And we sure do miss them all when we have to leave!

About the card.....I just found this retired set and bought it. I had always wanted it just never got around to getting it when it was in the catalogs. So I played with the "new set". Not sure that this card really needs the paper clip and twine...what do you think?

Later today, after I run errands, I will post my Blog Candy. Have a great day!
Happy Crafting!!
Cindy
  • Stamps - Noble Deer
  • Ink - Black Staz On
  • Paper - SU Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Whisper White CS and retired SU DSP
  • Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, SU Key Tag Punch and Lg. Oval Punch, Paperclip, Hemp Twine, Creative Cafe' Rub-ons

3 comments:

  1. I actually love the twine on there. I think that it looks really nice. It sounds like you have been very busy! Nice to see some creations from you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back and getting back into the swing of things. I don't have a blog, but I sent the link to my SCS friend and she does, does that count?? Now I am trying to see how to become a follower. I admire your professional work so much. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the texture of the twine!

    uhm... clark can have the farm chores! LOL
    and i will let you do all the running too! HA
    i will just sit and answer the phone if you don't mind...

    anyway... another great card! i am so glad to see that you are in the mood to create and share again. i do stalk you, i just don't always have time to chime in and say anything!

    more hugs, momis mama

    ReplyDelete