Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tender Friends Hello

I have been buying a lot of retired SU stamp sets lately. Not that I do not like what is in the new catalogs, I do! I just happen to think that some of the older sets deserve a second look. For instance this one, Tender Toile. Love this bunny and floral image. It just reminds me of the art work done in the mid-19th century.

Having done a lot of research on floral and gardening during that time period, I guess I am just hooked on it. I wondered, still do, whether flowers were grown and brought inside like we do or not. My research has shown me that flowers were not high priority during that time period and the only flowers brought indoors might have been something wild. Then it would have been pressed or used in a "water" or similar useage.

Anyway, I suppose this curiosity is one of the reasons why I am taking college courses again.....and in Horticulture no less. I love what I have learned so far and this semester is proving to be quite interesting as well. Taking a course on Soils this semester....no it's not called dirt!

Hope you have a nice day tomorrow. Thanks for coming to look!
Cindy
  • Stamps - SU Tender Toile, Great Impressions Sentiment
  • Paper - SU Whisper White, Basic Black, Kraft and Cool Caribbean CS
  • Ink - SU Whisper White, Ranger Archival Ink
  • Accessories - M's Ribbon and SU Silver Cord, Stamp-ama- jig

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love the elegance of this card. The neutral colour scheme is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete