Sunday, February 14, 2010

House Mouse Valentine for Wayne



Happy Valentine's Day Friends! Here at last is the card I made for my husband, Wayne. I am really trying not to buy any more stamp sets for awhile as we are nearly debt free.....and that excites us!! I love this stamp for Anniversaries and Love cards! In fact, if I am going to used a stamp that is whimsical, this is the type I will use.

Wayne loved it, in fact, he chuckled when he saw the inside. I screwed up, I had a stamp that said 'to my' and did not use it. So, I scratched out 'a' and wrote 'my'. Oh well, he knows me and it's okay!

The coloring was with inkpads and blender pen. The brads were just plain metal and needed jazzing up....so what if it's for a guy, a little bling never hurt anyone! Poured Crystal Effects over the top and dumped the glitter on. The result was just enough sparkle.

Thanks for taking a look at my card today. Happy Crafting!!

Cindy
  • Stamps - House Mouse, SU So Many Sayings, various sets for the inside sentiments
  • Ink - Ranger Archival Black, SU Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue Inks

Paper - SU Whisper White, Rose Red and Soft Suede CS, SU Throughly Modern DSP

Accessories - Stamp-a-majig, Unknown Brads, SU Crystal Effects, Pink Paislee Pixie Stix Glitter, Paper Piercer, SU Corner Rounder Punch, SU Soft Suede Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots

Sorry for the screwy post.....just could not get it fixed to look nicer!!

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, you have made some fabulous cards. I really like this one. I love the image and the heart brads are adorable. Love all the little hearts on the inside. It does seem like life gets so busy anymore. TFS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I'm sure your husband loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, your card is lovely. I am good, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the message. I have just not had a lot of time, and feel I have lost my mojo... Hopefully I will get it back sometime soon :). Business has just kept me busier than I thought it would and the shop is so small that to take anything there would be difficult. I love coming by every now and then checking out everyone elses work though! Have a great week and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Cindy, This card is sooooo cute!!I bet your hubby loved it. xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete