Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sweet Niece Apology

Good Morning Friends! Chilly and damp here expecting 3-6" of snowy mix later today and overnight. So, good to stay indoors and craft....well, clean and do laundry first!

Back in January I was spending the week in Wisconsin (mentioned in a previous post) taking my sister-in-law's 3 of 4 children to their schools. They live in a rural community and SIL and BIL decided that their public school just weren't meeting the kids needs. So, they decided to send the two little ones to a Charter school and the older one to a different HS. It was a great decision because the kids are just learning by leaps and bounds!! But, it is a 50 mile round trip from their house to the schools and back home!

So, with kids in tow we had some pleasant chatty mornings! But, one of those mornings I got carried away with making up silly names. The middle girl got very upset.....which I learned later.....over the name I gave her. In fact, she made a big deal of it in front of other family members when she decided to reveal it. I just smiled and said "no problem, from now on I will only call you Courtney" (her real name). But, I did not apologize to her. She's 9 and I think having issues with self-esteem so maybe that is wrapped up in all of this as well. So, this went to her along with a Valentine's care package (Valentine theme Magic Pillowcases, cookies, candy, art supplies, etc.) to the whole family. Probably in 10 years she won't remember a thing...at least I hope so!!

I dug out this set which is so whimsical and child friendly. I used a bunch of older things that just need using up. Like those felt flowers and that green paper lacy trim. Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting!
Cindy
  • Stamps - SU All in the Family, Family Accessories, Fundamental Phrases
  • Ink - Ranger Archival Black Ink, SU Basic Gray
  • Paper - SU Whisper White, Pink Passion, Gable Green CS and Colorbok DP
  • Accessories - SU Felt Flowers (retired), SU Rhinestone Brads, SU Orchid Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Unknown Paper Trim, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil and Blending Stumps

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for that to have happened, for you and for her. But this card is great, and I am sure she will appreciate it. That age is HARD! (My son's 9...lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute, sweet card! I am sure your niece will appreciate it. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I hope to meet you soon as I am interested in joining in with the SCS St. Louis group.
    http://scraphappystudio.blogspot.com/2010/02/cute-stamp-set.html

    ReplyDelete