Friday, February 20, 2009

Cards To De-stress By

Howdy! A couple of days ago I was feeling stressed over the things in my life that are taking precedence... my Son's situation, hubby's stress, In-Laws coming to visit this weekend and getting ready for our vacation next Friday. So, I decided that everything could wait while I made a few cards and zoned out!!

This one is my attempt at Mojo74. For my Dad's 76th birthday today....but, we will celebrate on Sunday after the In-Laws leave. I turned it on the side...could have used a smaller card base as this one is 5x7. Details at the end of this post.
















I needed some masculine cards for upcoming birthdays and a thank you. I have to say that I CASED both of these from texasjodylynn on SCS. She did such a nice job. On the Wanted card, I wanted to make the embossed paper look like suede and I stitched with embroidery floss around Wanted. I am planning on sending this to Wayne's brother for his birthday and I will put something cute inside like... wanted for another birthday, loosing more hair but gaining more friends, etc. I have a couple of days before I have to send it. Any ideas??

This stamp set is one of my all time favorites for so many reasons...mainly guy cards. And as you can see I am using up old DP and CS. For some reason I have 2 rolls of hemp twine and I don't know how that happened...regardless I have to use them. Rather than put Happy Birthday on everything, I like 'celebrate life' because we should!


This is a photo of a case for my Iris cases that my super sweet husband made me. He found a photo in a woodworking magazine and then adapted it. The only problem now is I have so many cases that are not filled I have to figure out what to put in them! Ha!


But, seriously I finally feel that I have worked sufficently on my stamping space that I can work now and find (and use) everything!!

Happy Heart Mojo74
  • Stamps - SU Happy Heart Day, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Sanded BG, Weathered BG, Short & Sweet, A Little Birdie Told Me
  • Paper - SU Old Olive, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla, Daisy D's DP
  • Ink - SU Old Olive, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Basic Gray, Basic Black
  • Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Blending Pens, Unknown Fiber, Dimensionals

Wanted

  • Stamps - SU Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
  • Paper - SU Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Inks - SU Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Accessories - Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, Making Memories Brads and metal thingy, SU Chocolate Chip Grograin Ribbon, Unknown Ribbon, DMC floss, SU Chipboard

Memories Wanted

  • Stamps - SU Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Sanded and Tres Chic BG
  • Paper - Baroque DP, Always Artichoke, River Rock, Chocolate Chip and Naturals Ivory
  • Inks - Whisper White Craft, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Accessories - Making Memories Brad, SU Chipboard, Distressing tool, Dimensionals

Celebrate Tree

  • Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, So Many Sayings
  • Paper - SU Buckaroo Blue, Kahki, Confetti White, SU Retired DP
  • Inks - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories - Hemp Twine, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip Markers

Thanks for looking, hope you have a great weekend....I know we will with our family. Maybe I will post some photos of our family for you Monday!

Happy Crafting!!

Cindy

4 comments:

  1. That tree card would be a great earth day card. Thanks for sharing. I love the case your dh made you. Too sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALl of these cards look fantastic. My favorite is the top one. I just love that little elephant. And I really like how you combined 2 background stamps. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are wonderful. I couldn't pick one as a favorite because they are all os beautiful and detailed too! I do have to say the first one is just so darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Iris case holder that your husband made! Any chance he would give instructions on how he did it? I just inherited ALOT of Iris cases that I’m going to use at work and would LOVE to be able to make a unit to store them in!!

    ReplyDelete