Friday, February 20, 2009

Cards To De-stress By

Howdy! A couple of days ago I was feeling stressed over the things in my life that are taking precedence... my Son's situation, hubby's stress, In-Laws coming to visit this weekend and getting ready for our vacation next Friday. So, I decided that everything could wait while I made a few cards and zoned out!!

This one is my attempt at Mojo74. For my Dad's 76th birthday today....but, we will celebrate on Sunday after the In-Laws leave. I turned it on the side...could have used a smaller card base as this one is 5x7. Details at the end of this post.
















I needed some masculine cards for upcoming birthdays and a thank you. I have to say that I CASED both of these from texasjodylynn on SCS. She did such a nice job. On the Wanted card, I wanted to make the embossed paper look like suede and I stitched with embroidery floss around Wanted. I am planning on sending this to Wayne's brother for his birthday and I will put something cute inside like... wanted for another birthday, loosing more hair but gaining more friends, etc. I have a couple of days before I have to send it. Any ideas??

This stamp set is one of my all time favorites for so many reasons...mainly guy cards. And as you can see I am using up old DP and CS. For some reason I have 2 rolls of hemp twine and I don't know how that happened...regardless I have to use them. Rather than put Happy Birthday on everything, I like 'celebrate life' because we should!


This is a photo of a case for my Iris cases that my super sweet husband made me. He found a photo in a woodworking magazine and then adapted it. The only problem now is I have so many cases that are not filled I have to figure out what to put in them! Ha!


But, seriously I finally feel that I have worked sufficently on my stamping space that I can work now and find (and use) everything!!

Happy Heart Mojo74
  • Stamps - SU Happy Heart Day, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Sanded BG, Weathered BG, Short & Sweet, A Little Birdie Told Me
  • Paper - SU Old Olive, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla, Daisy D's DP
  • Ink - SU Old Olive, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Basic Gray, Basic Black
  • Accessories - Prismacolor Pencils, Blending Pens, Unknown Fiber, Dimensionals

Wanted

  • Stamps - SU Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
  • Paper - SU Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Inks - SU Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Accessories - Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, Making Memories Brads and metal thingy, SU Chocolate Chip Grograin Ribbon, Unknown Ribbon, DMC floss, SU Chipboard

Memories Wanted

  • Stamps - SU Wanted, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Sanded and Tres Chic BG
  • Paper - Baroque DP, Always Artichoke, River Rock, Chocolate Chip and Naturals Ivory
  • Inks - Whisper White Craft, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Accessories - Making Memories Brad, SU Chipboard, Distressing tool, Dimensionals

Celebrate Tree

  • Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, So Many Sayings
  • Paper - SU Buckaroo Blue, Kahki, Confetti White, SU Retired DP
  • Inks - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories - Hemp Twine, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip Markers

Thanks for looking, hope you have a great weekend....I know we will with our family. Maybe I will post some photos of our family for you Monday!

Happy Crafting!!

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. That tree card would be a great earth day card. Thanks for sharing. I love the case your dh made you. Too sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALl of these cards look fantastic. My favorite is the top one. I just love that little elephant. And I really like how you combined 2 background stamps. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are wonderful. I couldn't pick one as a favorite because they are all os beautiful and detailed too! I do have to say the first one is just so darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete